Important Update – February 2021
The Trust is working hard to improve patient experience at the Phlebotomy Department at Gilbert Hitchcock House, North Wing, Bedford.
We will be introducing an appointment system at this site in due course and this will improve patient waiting time for blood tests.
There will be a number of ways that you will be able to book a blood test:
- Online service available 24/7
- Automated telephone service available 24/7
- By telephone to speak to our friendly reception staff
- Walk in and book the next available appointment slot
- Phlebotomy services for children under the age of 16yrs will remain in the Paediatrics Outpatient Department
How to book:
- Using the online booking service (available 24/7). Patients will need to register online: www.bedford.sangix.co.uk
- The automated telephone booking service (available 24/7). The telephone number is: 01234 607075
- Booking an appointment in person by visiting the department.
- A limited walk-in service will remain. Patients will be given an appointment, if available, at the next appointment time for that day, or offered an appointment for another day.